Thermoplastic polyolefin, popularly known as TPA, is a single-ply membrane roofing used for flat roofs on commercial and residential structures. While it has a few commercial and structural benefits, is it the proper roofing for your home? Aditya Profiles, one of the top experts for TPO roofing, India, explores a few aspects associated with it.
What is TPO Roofing?
TPO roofing consists of a thermoplastic polyolefin membrane with three layers: TPO polymer base, polyester-reinforced fabric center (scrim), and thermoplastic polyolefin compounded top ply.
Pros of TPO Roofing | TPO Proofing Advantages
TPO is a popular roofing option and has been around for a couple of decades. The roofing options bring a range of benefits, which, to an extent, can help you decide if TPO roofing is suitable for your home or not. Some of the benefits of TPO roofing include,
- TPO Roofing Cost: TPO roofing cost in India is somewhere around INR 5,000 per square meter. It is much more economical than the Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer (EPDM) counterpart.
- Ease of Installation: TPO roof is quicker and easier to install. Its membrane is lightweight and manufactured with broader sheets that make the material easier to install.
- Durability: TPOs are a durable roofing option. While the roofs are designed to last for an average of 10 to 20 years, some TPO roofs, depending on the surrounding condition and maintenance efficiency, can last up to 30.
- Diverse Suitability: TPO roofs are suitable for a diverse range of homes. So, no matter your home style, a TPO roofing membrane will fit in properly. Besides, they come in various colors to enhance the aesthetic aspect.
- TPOs are Energy-Efficient: TPOs are known for their energy efficiency. They help keep the structure cool during summer, thus helping you save your air conditioning costs and proving to be cost-effective in the long run.
Besides the above benefits, there’s something else which you need to know. Before you install the TPO roof, you need to place insulation. Around 25% of the roofing cost is associated with insulation. Without adequate insulation, a low-slope roof can be vulnerable to failure on account of considerable damage. The interior of the roof can rot, and you wouldn’t know about it until it starts leaking. In that case, the roof will suffer heavy damage and demand replacement.
Is TPO Roofing Correct for Your Home?
Now, whether a TPO roofing is right for your home or not depends on various factors, and most significantly, your objectives. It also matters whether your structure is a residential or a commercial one, whether you have a flat roof, and achieving energy efficiency is one of your goals. Nevertheless, a TPO is aesthetically elegant, energy-efficient, easier to install, and cost-effective in short and the long run. But if it is the right roofing choice specifically for your home or not, it is something you must discuss with experts and decide after a comprehensive review of your needs.
Connect with Aditya Profiles for the Best TPO Roofing, India
Precisely, Aditya Profiles is the expert for TPO roofing, India, with which you need to connect to ensure you know if TPO is right for your home or not. Aditya’s experts review your needs and objectives and determine the right kind of roofing for your home accordingly. Additionally, services such as installation, maintenance, and further repairing and replacement refer to comprehensive handholding. To know more, call Aditya Profiles at +91 20 29701900.